Terracotta 2.7 went out last week so grab it while it’s hot. Terracotta is the open source Java clustering solution that allows you to cluster your Java heap and scale your Java app. If you’re interested in learning more, I’m doing talks on Terracotta at the upcoming No Fluff Just Stuff conferences in Reston, VA and Chicago, IL.
Some highlights of the new release:
- Added support for Glassfish 2.1
- Added support for Spring 2.0.8 and Spring 2.5.4 – our most requested feature from the community!
- tim-get – A new command-line tool that allows you to easily download new or updated versions of the Terracotta Integration Modules you’re using from the Terracotta Forge
- Greatly enhanced cluster statistics and admin features including a clustered object browser, enhanced cluster thread dumps, and more
- Updated distributed garbage collection now with a generational collector
- Online hot backups of the clustered data files
- Automated restart mode for hot failover
- And as usual, many bug fixes and performance improvements
We’ve been fortunate that Terracotta has now been deployed in many demanding production environments, especially the 2.5 and 2.6 versions. All of the learning and improvements from those deployments is making the product faster, more stable, and easier to use every day. If you need to scale your Java app, give it a try!